Occassionally your machine's bill validator may benefit from a firmware update to enable a new note series.
This article applies to the JCM IVIZION validators present in most machines. Some currencies may use a UBA or IPRO series validator. The process is similar, though please check with us for any differences.
- Windows laptop (XP, Vista, 7, 10)
- USB Standard-A to Male Mini-B USB cable
- JCM Tool Suite software
- New firmware file
Preparing your computer
- Download and install the JCM Tool Suite software to a Windows-based PC. The toolsuite software and validator drivers are confirmed to work with Windows XP, Vista, and 7.
- Save the new firmware file provided to you by email. If it came as a .zip file, extract the archive. If .zop, rename the extension to .zip and extract. The firmware file's extension reflects the currency (e.g., i100_20529_id003.che for CHF)
- It may be helpful to also reference the JCM Tool Suite Software Installation Guide.
- Power on your machine if it isn't already.
- Open your machine's door.
- Open the interior vault door and locate the two hex screws on both sides above the mouth of the bill validator. Use the allen wrench provided with the original keyset to remove these screws
- These screws hold in a metal bezel. Tilt the top of the plate towards you, and pull it upwards and outwards. Note: you may need to push on the bill validator mouth as there are two white plastic parts which can block the metal plate from being removed.
- Behind the plate you'll notice a mini-USB port on the front of the validator. Plug the mini-USB cable into this port and the full-USB side into your computer.
Loading the firmware
- Open the JCM Tool Suite software. On the first window you're presented with, under 'Communication Status' it will say 'Connecting' until communication with the bill validator has been established, at which time the remaining fields will populate.
- After a minute if it doesn't connect, check to make sure the machine is powered on (you should hear a noise from the validator as it engages upon boot), close the JCM Tool Suite program, disconnect and reconnect both ends of the USB cable, and open the program again.
- Click the 'Service Mode' dropdown box and select 'Download'.
- Click browse and select the firmware file (the one which contains the currency code as the file extension.)
- Below the Download button, check to make it displays 'Online' in green.
- If it states 'Online', click Download.
- When finished, you'll notice the bill validator emit a blue light and hear it re-engage.
- Safely eject the hardware from Windows, then disconnect the USB cable.
- Reboot the machine: see the Powering on/off section for instructions.
The bill validatoris now updated. You may replace the front vault bezel, close up the machine, and proceed with test transactions. Please test each denomination of your currency's notes.