Your machine can connect to an exchange so that cryptocurrency is automatically repurchased at the market's rates with each transaction at your machine. This way, price volatility is avoided, and your wallets are replenished.
CEX.IO trading is supported for BTC, BCH, DASH, LTC, ETH, and USDT on all fiat currencies.
First sign up for a CEX.IO account: https://profile.cex.io/authorization/registration
You'll receive a confirmation email to proceed with the registration. Next, you'll need to verify your account in order to deposit and withdraw funds.
⚠️ NOTE: We strongly recommend enabling two-factor authentication (2FA) on your CEX.IO account.
Funding your CEX.IO account
Once verified, you'll need to deposit fiat funds to your account balance:
- If your machine uses EUR, deposit to CEX.IO's EUR balance.
- If the machine uses USD, deposit to CEX.IO's USD balance.
- For all other machine currencies, deposit funds in EUR.
Generating API Key
- Log in to your CEX.IO account.
- Go to profile settings https://cex.io/trade/profile#/api
- Select only the key permissions below:
- Account balance
- Open orders
- Place order
- Cancel order
Activating your API Key
To successfully trade with CEX.IO, the API key needs to be active.
Follow the steps below to activate the required key:
- Copy your 'Secret' and save it on a notepad, as it will become inaccessible after activation, and we'll need this to complete the setup.
- Click the 'Activate' button.
- Confirm with 2FA:
Configuring in your admin
Go to the 'Settings > 3rd party services' panel in your Lamassu Admin, and click the pencil icon on the CEX (Exchange) panel.
Paste the Key at the 'API Key' field and the Secret at the 'Private Key' field. Then, click the 'Save changes' button.
Test trades by placing purchases at the machine and ensure fiat is converted into the relevant cryptocurrency in your CEX.IO balances.
Purchases will need to be above CEX.IO's trade minimums in order to be executed.