This article is part of the Admin Setup (Step-by-Step) guide.
Follow the tabs below to configure each section of the droplet creation page:
After setting up your DigitalOcean account, click Create > Droplets in the top right corner to start a new server:
Continue to the next tab 'Section 2' as per above.
For the image:
- Ubuntu for the distribution
- 20.04 (LTS) x64 for the release
Continue to the next tab 'Section 3' as per above.
For the plan:
- Select the 'Shared CPU / Basic' category
- Next, 'CPU options > Regular Intel with SSD' as the CPU option
- Then, '$40/mo - 8 GB / 4 CPUs' for your droplet size
Continue to next tab 'Section 4' as per above.
After choosing the droplet size, check the box for Monitoring in the additional options section:
The monitoring option will allow you to later track your droplet's resource usage from your DigitalOcean account.
Continue to the next tab 'Section 5' as per above.
Then, under the Authentication section, choose 'SSH keys' and click 'New SSH Key'.
In the dialogue box:
- Paste the public SSH key you obtained earlier during key creation (Step 2)
- Name it
- Click 'Add SSH Key':
Continue to the next tab 'Section 6' as per above.
Enter a hostname of your choosing, then click the green 'Create' button:
After the above is complete, continue with Step 5 in this section.