The late-2019 models of the Sintra, Sintra Forte, and Gaia are powered by the Aaeon UPboard + ssuboard micro. The new Tejo model also features this computer.
What you'll need
- Install script (contact support to obtain it)
- USB keyboard
- USB flash drive (any size)
- Laptop (macOS, Windows, or Linux)
Download the Operating System and flash to a USB using Etcher
Start by downloading the Operating System 'Ubilinux' image that will be flashed on the USB drive: Ubilinux installer image
⚠️ NOTE: Do not unpack, unarchive, or mount the file on your computer after downloading.
Download and install BalenaEtcher (available for Linux, Mac, and Windows): https://etcher.io/
In Etcher, select the image file downloaded earlier, then select your USB flash drive as the destination USB drive, and click flash.
After flashing the image above, bring the USB drive and a Keyboard to the machine's board, and plug them into any of the available USB ports on the UPboard.
NOTE: If you don't have any available USB ports for both, you can temporarily unplug the one labeled 'FRT CAM'.
Power the machine, and keep clicking on the F7 key on your keyboard to enter the BIOS menu upon booting, and select the USB drive to boot from.
This will start the installation process and will not need any interaction from the user until it eventually restarts.
Reimaging the UPboard
- Copy the machine-install-script.sh file to a USB flash drive. And bring the drive and USB keyboard to the machine.
- At the machine, open the door and plug both the USB drive and a keyboard into the available ports in the UPboard. Ensure any USB cables you need to unplug are ultimately reconnected to the same ports. (This is because cameras are mounted by the system based on the specific port they're plugged into.)
- Press Ctrl+Alt+T on your keyboard to open a terminal.
- Within Ubilinux, as the regular non-root user, you'll copy the machine-install-script.sh script to the home directory (~/) on the machine (contact support to obtain the script.)
- On the command below, replace the flashdrivename with your drive's name seen in the file manager window.
- Spacing, quotes, and slashes must be exact.
- Check the command is correct and with your flahdrivename on it.
Running an incorrectly formatted command as root may have unintended consequences.
- Then, run the edited command:
cp '/media/ubilinux/flashdrivename/machine-install-script.sh' ~/
- Next, within the UPboard's Ubilinux installation, run the following to install according to your machine's model (sudo isn't needed):
bash ~/machine-install-script.sh sintra v8.1.5
bash ~/machine-install-script.sh gaia v8.1.5
bash ~/machine-install-script.sh tejo v8.1.5
The above may not flash the latest software version. The latest available version is shown on our GitHub Releases page: https://github.com/lamassu/lamassu-machine/releases/
To update your machine to the latest version, please contact support.
Updating the server
If this image flash represents an upgrade to your version release (for example, from Electril Enlil v7.5 to Forsaken Fiat v8.0), you will also need to update your server to the same version. Check your server version here.
Head to our article on upgrading to the latest release, and follow the instructions for updating the server.
Afterward, test transactions at the machine to ensure all perform as expected.