The instructions below will add cash-out support for new currencies which may not yet be included in our latest machine software release.
A file on the machine defines the length of each of the bill denominations for particular currencies. The dispenser uses this as a check against dispensing the wrong denomination currency if bills have been loaded into the incorrect cassette.
Given that machines are arriving in new countries whose currencies may not have existing cash-out support, and that our software packages are created at intervals, in some cases the latest version may not have your currency present.
We'll have a remote update ready shortly, and we're glad to help you update this yourself in the meantime.
1. Download the latest file by right-clicking on this link, and choosing 'Save link as'.
2. Copy the file to a USB flash drive. Bring the drive and USB keyboard to the machine.
3. At the machine, plug both the USB drive and keyboard into the ports of the machine's computer.
4. Press Ctrl+Alt+T to open a terminal. Type the following, hitting Enter:
5. Type the root password as provided by our support team (it will remain blank when typing), then hit Enter.
6. Determine the name and path of your flash drive with this command:
You should see the name of your flash drive in the output.
7. Run the following command, replacing flashdrivename with your drive's name. Spacing, quotes, and slashes must be exact. Running an incorrectly formatted command as root may have unintended consequences.
cp '/media/ubilinux/flashdrivename/bills.js' /opt/lamassu-machine/lib/f56/
8. After hitting Enter, the new file will be deployed, and if successful, show no output.
9. Then run:
supervisorctl restart lamassu-machine
10. Remove the flash drive and keyboard, replacing any USB cables you had unplugged back to their original ports. Your machine should now go past 'Booting up' and instead show the Buy / Sell screen.