Hey there! We'll be regularly posting notes on our development progress here, highlighting what's in the works, on our roadmap, and when you may expect new releases.
Here's our wrap up for December. Happy Holidays from the Lamassu crew!
Our next release, Bullish Bunene (v7.2), is currently in feature freeze and testing. Two development tasks are left for it, after which we'll be generating update packages, verifying deployment, and soliciting the first field testers.
Highlights of this version include ID card photo capture, OFAC sanctions screening, Coin ATM Radar support, QuadrigaCX integration, and numerous fixes concerning SMS and cash-out flows, improving the reliability of both.
Please see the provisional v7.2 Release Notes at the end of this page.
Regular Release Cycle
Following v7.2, we'll be moving to a regular release cycle, with major versions expected every three months.
New features will be developed for the first two months following a release, going into feature freeze and testing for the remaining month before its release.
The version after v7.2 is codenamed Crafty Chnemu (v7.3), its features to be highlighted in next month's post.
Sintra & Trofa: New Images
New disk images are in progress for Sintra and Trofa machines, bringing Ambient Antu (v7.1) to both. The Sintra image is expected within the next few weeks, with the Trofa image arriving thereafter.
The Sintra image may also be upgraded to v7.2 after its release, following successful deployment testing.
The new Trofa image will address Nexus-specific concerns on the next-gen, such as Wi-Fi network clearing and timeclock synchronisation, as well as bringing it to the latest stable release.
A reminder that we post new articles, important alerts, and notices of new releases on our @LamassuSupport Twitter feed. This is our main announcements channel, in lieu of any email list. If you're not already following us there, please consider both following and enabling push alerts for the latest news.
v7.2 Release Notes (provisional)
- Compliance - ID Card Photo capture option with ID images uploaded to admin
- Compliance - OFAC Sanctions list screening
- Liqudity - Adds QuadrigaCX ticker and exchange for BTC, ETH, BCH, LTC
- Coin ATM Radar support for pricing and online status
- Adds 'Are you sure?' screen during actions cancelling transactions in progress
- Adds full support for Fujitsu F53 dispensers
- Addresses conditions where an unexpected response from dispensers would leave the machine on the 'Booting up' screen
- Expands admin's language and cryptocurrency boxes to support more of each
- Resolves a condition that led to an unresponsive start screen until machine reboot due to the SMS flow
- ID verification no longer invoked when only hard limit is enabled and reached during a transaction
- Fixes a condition where touching the hard limit during a transaction invoked SMS and failed a transaction
- Fix logic errors involved with the SMS KYC flow
- Corrects ETH exchange trading for cash-out transactions
- Resolves a rare condition wherein the cash-out database was not saved following dispense status
- Fixes a condition where the machine could not dispense cash if there was less than twice the amount needed
- Fixes issue where database access couldn't be serialised during cash-out transactions
- Stores originating machine information in cash_out_actions table, assisting with cash count reconciliation
- Prunes Dash blockchain
- Servers no longer prompt for Ubuntu release updates that would break compatibility
- Reports originating machine name when a clock skew error is noticed
- Expands list in Customers panel beyond the 20 most recent
- Upon changing the machine display language, words 'Buy' and 'Sell' are immediately translated on home screen, instead of waiting for coin selection
- Adds MYR, HKD, ISL currency support for F53-based machines
- Returns functionality for USB-based iVizion validators