The instructions below are for adding Colorado ID scanning support to machines running Ambient Antu (v7.1).
This fix will be included in an upcoming release, Crafty Chnemu (v7.3) However, you may apply it following the guide below prior to the update's availability if you find it helpful.
ID parsing file
Download the new parsepdf417-us.js file by right-clicking on this link, and choosing 'Save link as'.
What you'll need
- Copy of the parsepdf417-us.js file on a USB flash drive.
- A USB keyboard.
- The tablet's root password, provided by our support team.
1. At the machine, plug both the USB drive and keyboard into the ports at the top of the tablet inside the door. When a dialog box pops up on screen, tap OK to pull up the contents of the flash drive. Note the path at the top of the file manager with the drive's name.
2. Press Ctrl Alt T to open a terminal. Type the following, hitting Enter:
3. Type the root password as provided by our support team (it will remain blank when typing), then hit Enter.
4. Run the following commands individually, replacing flash-drive with your drive's name seen in the file manager window.
Spacing, quotes, periods, and slashes must be exact. Running an incorrectly formatted command as root may have unintended consequences.
Note the space and period on the last command below.
cp '/media/iva/flash-drive/parsepdf417-us.js' .
5. After hitting Enter, the new files will be deployed, and if successful, show no output.
6. Then run:
7. Remove the flash drive and keyboard, and test scanning a Colorado license.