The instructions below are for patching a condition wherein a two-way machine may stall on the 'Booting up...' screen as it tries to initiate the Santo Tirso's dispenser. This is due to the dispenser providing a response ('no SOH') which the Douro's software did not yet know how to handle.
This fix will be included in our next release, Bullish Bunene (v7.2), and undergo further testing before then. However, you may apply it following the guide below prior to the update's availability if you find it helpful.
Note: This may not be the only cause of a machine staying on the 'Booting up' screen, which could be the result of incorrect admin settings. Please contact our support team if you're experiencing this and they'll guide you to the best solution.
Download the new puloon_dispenser.js file by right-clicking on this link, and choosing 'Save link as'.
Also download the puloonrs232.js file by right-clicking here and choosing 'Save link as'.
What you'll need
- Copies of both files on a USB flash drive.
- A USB keyboard.
- The tablet's root password, provided by our support team.
1. At the machine, plug both the USB drive and keyboard into the ports at the top of the tablet inside the door. When a dialog box pops up on screen, tap OK to pull up the contents of the flash drive. Note the path at the top of the file manager with the drive's name.
2. Press Ctrl Alt T to open a terminal. Type the following, hitting Enter:
3. Type the root password as provided by our support team (it will remain blank when typing), then hit Enter.
4. Run the following commands individually, replacing flash-drive with your drive's name seen in the file manager window.
Spacing, quotes, periods, and slashes must be exact. Running an incorrectly formatted command as root may have unintended consequences.
Note the space and period on the two last commands below.
cp '/media/iva/flash-drive/puloonrs232.js' .
cp '/media/iva/flash-drive/puloon-dispenser.js' .
5. After hitting Enter, the new files will be deployed, and if successful, show no output.
6. Then run:
7. Remove the flash drive and keyboard. Your machine should now go past 'Booting up' and show the Buy / Sell screen.