The instructions below are for adding Santo Tirso support for currencies which may not yet be included in the latest deployable machine software release.
Puloon Data File
The puloon_data.js file defines the length of each of the bill denominations for particular currencies. The Puloon dispenser in the Santo Tirso uses this as a check against dispensing the wrong denomination currency if bills have been loaded into the incorrect cassette.
Given that Santo Tirsos are arriving in new countries whose currencies may not have existing cash-out support, and that our software packages are created at intervals, the latest version may not have your currency present.
Download the latest puloon_data.js file by right-clicking on this link, and choosing 'Save link as'.
1. Copy the puloon_data.js file to a USB flash drive. Bring the drive and USB keyboard to the machine.
2. At the machine, open the door and plug both the USB drive and keyboard into the ports at top. When a dialog box pops up on screen, tap OK to pull up the contents of the flash drive. Note the path at the top of the file manager with the drive's name.
3. Press Ctrl Alt T to open a terminal. Type the following, hitting Enter:
4. Type the root password as provided by our support team (it will remain blank), then hit Enter.
5. Run the following command, replacing flashdrivename with the drive's name seen in the file manager window. Spacing, quotes, and slashes must be exact.
cp '/media/iva/flashdrivename/puloon_data.js' /opt/apps/machine/lamassu-machine/lib/puloon/puloon_data.js
6. After hitting Enter, the new file will be deployed, and if successful, show no output.
7. Then run:
shutdown -r now
8. Remove the flash drive and keyboard. Your machine should now go past 'Booting up' and instead show the Buy / Sell screen.