To arrange an update to the latest machine software, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We can remotely push update packages to the machine upon your request.
Alternatively, you may manually deploy the update package if you wish. We recommend this only to advanced users with specific requirments.
Please note that machine updates are not always compatible with your server version, and may need to be done in parallel with a server software update. Thus, it's advisable to contact our support team to collect info on your current configuration and coordinate the appropriate updates.
Machine codebase package
Download the latest codebase package found here. (The update is the update.tar file.)
It is meant for machines which are already on the next-gen system (v3). Otherwise, apply first the nodejs package, followed by the codebase package.
1. Download the update.tar file to a USB flash drive. Do not unpack the archive. Bring the drive and USB keyboard to the machine.
2. At the machine, open the door and plug both the USB drive and keyboard into the ports at top. When a dialog box pops up on screen, tap OK to pull up the contents of the flash drive. Note the path at the top of the file manager with the drive's name.
3. Press Ctrl Alt T to open a terminal. Type the following, hitting Enter:
4. Type the root password as provided by our support team (it will remain blank), then hit Enter.
5. Run the following two commands, replacing flashdrivename with the drive's name seen in the file manager window. Spacing, quotes, and slashes must be exact.
cp '/media/iva/flashdrivename/update.tar' /tmp/
6. After hitting Enter, the machine package will be deployed, outputting at the end 'finished'.
7. Wait 30 seconds. Then run:
shutdown -r now
8. Remove the flash drive and keyboard. Your machine will be running the latest version.