To arrange an update to the latest machine software, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We can remotely push update packages to the machine upon your request.
Alternatively, you may manually deploy the update package. We recommend this only to advanced users.
Please note that machine updates are not always compatible with your server version, and may need to be done in parallel with a server software update. Thus, it's advisable to contact our support team to collect info on your current configuration and coordinate the appropriate updates.
Machine codebase package
Download the latest codebase package found here.
The update is contained in the update.tar archive, however do not unpack this, as that's done on the machine by the update script.
⚠️ Read the full release notes at the link above, as there may be additional requirements for manual deployment reflected there and specific to each release.
1. Download the update.tar file to a USB flash drive. Bring the drive and USB keyboard to the machine.
2. At the machine, open the door and plug both the USB drive and keyboard into the ports at top. When a dialog box pops up on screen, tap OK to pull up the contents of the flash drive. Note the path at the top of the file manager with the drive's name.
3. Press Ctrl Alt T to open a terminal. Type the following, hitting Enter:
4. Type the root password as provided by our support team (it will remain blank), then hit Enter.
5. Run the following two commands, replacing flashdrivename with the drive's name seen in the file manager window. Spacing, quotes, and slashes must be exact.
cp '/media/iva/flashdrivename/update.tar' /tmp/
6. After hitting Enter, the machine package will be deployed, outputting at the end 'all done'.
7. Wait one minute. Then run:
shutdown -r now
8. Remove the flash drive and keyboard. Your machine will be running the latest version.