Due to an expiring server certificate, a file will need to be replaced on the machine in order to restore the ability for our support team to remotely update, reboot, unpair, and pull logs from machines.
Operator-controlled remote reboots are still functional on supported versions. (See 'Remotely rebooting the machine')
The following procedure is for Aaeon-based (10" screen) Douro machines. For the 7" Nexus-based Trofa models, follow the article here.
USB keyboard, USB flash drive, the machine's root password (provided separately).
1. Download the lamassu.pem file to a USB flash drive. Bring the drive and USB keyboard to the machine.
2. At the machine, open the door and plug both into the USB ports at the top. When a dialog box pops up on screen, tap OK to pull up the contents of the flash drive. Note the path at the top of the file manager with the drive's name.
3. Press Ctrl Alt T to open a terminal. Type the following, hitting Enter:
4. Type the root password as provided (it will remain blank), then hit Enter.
5. Type the following, replacing flashdrivename with the drive's name seen in the file manager window. Spacing, quotes, and slashes must be exact.
cp '/media/iva/flashdrivename/lamassu.pem' /var/lib/lamassu-machine
6. After hitting Enter, you'll be taken to a new line. Take a picture of the terminal window in case you need to verify what was entered with our support team.
7. Close both windows, remove the flash drive and keyboard. Reach out to us to confirm that we now see the machine pinging.
In the video below, 5F0B-B83C is the flash drive's name. (Click to open in new window.)