To enable ethernet connectivity for your Bitcoin Machine, please ensure you have machine image version 145 or above.
This version includes drivers for USB-to-Ethernet adapters which use the ASIX AX88772 chipset. Adapters confirmed to be compatible are:
Please note there are AX88772B and AX88772C chipsets which are distinct from AX88772 and most likely are not compatible.
- Connect the Ethernet cable from your router to the RJ-45 port found at the bottom of your machine.
- Connect the small Ethernet cable (shipped with your machine) from the internal RJ-45 port to the USB-to-Ethernet adapter.
- Disconnect the camera's USB cable currently plugged into the bottom of the USB hub (located on the side of the vault) and plug it into the empty slot closest to you (see image below). The left USB slot is a fast charge port which is not compatible with ethernet.
- Plug the ethernet adapter into the now-free USB port.
- Unplug the machine's power cable from the wall. The machine will shut down. Afterward, plug back in.
- When it boots, it will likely go to the Select Wi-Fi screen. If so, hold down the tablet's power button (located in the upper right corner, between the door and metal retaining bracket) for around 7 seconds until it reboots. It will now proceed to the Hello screen.