Before pairing the next-gen admin with your Trofa, we'll need to first upgrade its software.
The following procedure is for Nexus-based (7" screen) Trofa machines. For the 10" Aaeon-based Douro models, follow the article here.
Small pliers, wrench, or nut driver to remove 7mm nuts; microUSB cable, Windows-based PC (Mac/Linux instructions to come).
1. While your machine is on and connected, unpair it from your existing admin.
REQUIRED: Before unpairing from your admin, your machine must be on the 'Hello' screen in order for it to receive the unpair command. Do not proceed with the update below unless the tablet is on the 'Pair with remote server' screen before removing it from the machine.
3. Behind the door of the Trofa machine, locate the four nuts affixing the retaining bracket of the Nexus tablet. Unscrew these and remove the tablet, carefully unplugging its USB cable.
4. Connect the tablet via a micro USB cable to the computer. Once connected, simultaneously hold down the power and volume down buttons on the side of the tablet, continuing to hold through its reboot until it arrives at a black screen with a green Android logo.
5. Run the adb-setup-1.2 installer, typing Y and Enter at the two prompts (see video below). After installation, open up a Windows command window (Start > Run > cmd). Type fastboot devices and hit enter. If the tablet is recognized, you'll see a string of numbers/letters followed by 'fastboot'.
6. Run the following, replacing C:\path\to\sencha-nextgen-rev3.img with the location of the image file on your computer. You can get this by dragging and dropping the image file onto the command window after typing the preceding command (see video):
fastboot flash system C:\path\to\sencha-nextgen-rev3.img
7. It will take about a minute to flash, finishing with 'Success'. If you receive a 'Failed' message, try a different brand USB cable and port on your computer.
8. After a successful flash, replace the tablet in the machine and reboot. Reach out to us to confirm that we now see the machine pinging.
If the tablet goes to a fully teal screen after the update, place the tablet back into the machine, connecting it to the machine's USB cable. Then reboot the tablet by holding down on its power button for around 7 seconds.
If the teal screen continues, reflash the tablet following the instructions for our generic image instead and then contact support for remote updates to the latest legacy version.