Your machine must be mounted properly to best ensure its physical security, cash holdings, and your wallet's bitcoins. Improperly secured machines are attractive targets for thieves due to the cash involved.
Please follow our recommendations below, and routinely review your security procedures, including digital security, cash collection process, key storage and backup, overhead cameras, and all other aspects of your operation.
Douro / Trofa
Included with your machine was a mounting bracket (diagram) and four M12 bolts.
If you bought your machine second-hand and did not receive these, please contact us at email@example.com to purchase.
To fasten the machine to a counter:
- Gain access to the mounting holes inside the vault using the PDF instructions here.
- Mark the location of the holes onto the counter surface from inside the machine, then drill appropriate holes into the counter.
- Position the mounting plate underneath the counter surface.
- Pass the bolts from inside the machine through the machine bottom, counter, and mounting bracket, tightening each with a socket wrench. The heads should be positioned inside the machine.
With the bolt heads inside the machine and the mounting bracket underneath the counter, an attacker must have access to the interior of the vault in order to loosen the bolts with a wrench.
Also, the machine is only as secure as the surface upon which its mounted. Please take all measures to ensure the surface itself is secure.
The Braga is a matching stand for your Bitcoin Machine that can be anchored securely into the ground.
To be effective, the Braga must be bolted into the the floor. Without this, the stand will add weight and bulk, but can still be susceptible to coordinated theft.
To install, please have ready a wrench, a hex screw, power and Ethernet cables, and four of the five M12 (19mm) bolts which came with your Bitcoin Machine. You will not need the original mounting bracket.
See also our Braga Setup article.
To secure the Braga:
- Remove the outer shell of the Braga, following the diagram below.
- Mark the location of the holes of the center column piece onto the floor, then drill the appropriate holes into the floor.
- Anchor the column into the floor using the metal anchors.
- Thread the power and Ethernet cables along the center column, out to the back of the stand, then replace the outer shell of the Braga.
- Gain access to the mounting holes inside the Douro's vault by removing the bill validator using the PDF instructions here.
- Pass the bolts from inside the machine through the machine bottom and into the Braga, and tighten. The mounting bracket should not be used.
The Santo Tirso stand converts your Douro or Trofa into a two-way machine.
To be effective, the Santo Tirso must be bolted into the the floor. Without this, the stand will add significant weight and bulk, but can still be susceptible to coordinated theft, and is more attractive due to its greater cash holdings.
Please see our Santo Tirso physical setup for a walkthrough on accessing the anchor points and further details on configuring.
In the event of theft
If your Bitcoin Machine were to be stolen, immediately unpair your machines and stop the server by running these two commands:
lamassu-unpair -a stop lamassu-server
This will prevent it from connecting to your server and from placing bitcoin transactions.
Let us know as soon as possible and we will scan for the machine with our updater service. If it subsequently comes online we will let you know the IP.